Menu

Hi There!

• Creator
    Topic
    David SwaitDavid Swait
    Participant

Greetings everyone.

I’ve had this problem with my truck that gives out intense vibrations when I apply the brakes. Doesn’t always happen, and only seems to happen after when I first start up the car. Almost like the brakes get stuck while the truck is in park, then after driving for a while they become “unstuck” if you will. Took it to the dealer and they said the front left rotor needed to be replaced. Costed me over $200.

Thought it fixed the problem, but two days later it started doing it again. My brother took it to his mechanic for a second opinion and he said its caused by my rear brakes and they need to be replaced. Also mentioned that my rotor was probably good and was replaced for no reason, as my right one is in really good condition.

I decided I’ll just do the brake job myself and save the money. I started watching some of ETCG videos on youtube. Started off by replacing the front brake pads in my celica last weekend as they have been squealing for some time. Also replaced the brake pads in my tacoma for good measure. Took some pictures so I can post them up on this forum for fun as a how to for these vehicles.

After replacing the brake pads on my truck (and also lubing the caliper pins, greasing the caliper pistons, and bleeding all my brakes) I have not noticed any vibrations coming from my brakes so far this week. Regardless, I’ve already received my drum brakes and brake shoes, so I will try to put them on this weekend for further good measure and take more pictures.

On a side note, I work in the computer industry, practice as a black belt in taekwondo, and I’m a knife maker hobbyist. Nothing better than forging your own weapons from steel.

Here is a picture of the last knife I forged for those that are curious:
      [IMG]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee186/darksoul210/DSC00014.jpg[/IMG]

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

Nice work.welcome to the forums. 🙂

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…