Menu

Impact guns

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion Impact guns

• Creator
    Topic
    Mario RodriguezMario Rodriguez
    Participant

Hey guys I had a quick question. I’ve been working at a Kia dealership for about 6 months now as a entry level technician. I had a Ingersoll Rand 236 and this past weekend end the rotor broke. So I might buy a replacement rotor and fix it myself later on. But my question is if I’m rotating tires everyday, that’s the main purpose for my impact, will a 1/2 inch stubby work fine for everyday use? Something like the Aircat 1055. Thanks in advance guys any advice will be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jerome RichardsJerome Richards
      Participant

No the minii air cat just won’t have the beans to pull Lugnuts if somebody over tightened them ,its a good gun but not for tire changes; get a harbor freight earthquake $149. Your IR236 It’s probably not worth fixing . Stay off the tool truck you don’t need to impress the tires you’re changing with that a new snappy gun and a payment program.

Mario RodriguezMario Rodriguez
        Participant

That’s what I was thinking. I appreciate that. One of the things I want to avoid is getting on the snap on truck or the Mac truck and accumulate debt right now…my IR 236 I bought on amazon for around $50 back when I started…is there another gun you would recommend that is around the same cost as the harbor freight earthquake.

Jerome RichardsJerome Richards
          Participant

No the earthquake is a hell of a good deal especially when it’s on sale , you can get another IR 235 off Amazon for about $80.

zerozero
            Participant

If you’re doing tires all day, I would go for something with less weight than a big old (design wise) Ingersoll. I have both an Aircat (nitrocat) 1200K and 1355XL. Once I got the small one, I only used the big one when I absolutely had to, which was very rare. They make the 1375XL, which is the same body as the 1355XL, only it has a 1/2 drive as opposed to a 3/8 drive.

The 1375XL is 2.75 pounds, the earthquake composite is 4.4 and the IR 236 is 5.3. I can almost guarantee the Aircat is also far, more quiet than the others. Even though you’re young, start thinking about protecting your body a bit.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…