Menu

washing my cars.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion washing my cars.

• Creator
    Topic
    DanielDaniel
    Participant

Doe’s anyone wash there cars in well water? I want to but there is a lime problem, and I’m wanting to know if the lime will scratch the paint or clear coat. I normally go to the touchless car wash but I want to wash them at home. Thank you guys for any help on this problem. So tired of going to the car wash…..

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      PaulPaul
      Participant

Hard water should not scratch the paint, unless solids/precipitates are present. Automotive soaps contain chelators to bind and sequester hard water ions, and 50% extra soap can be used to compensate for hard water. However, hard water can cause spotting, which can be avoided when the vehicle is dried promptly. I’ve seen RO filters for automotive detailing, although it’s a bit excessive IMO.

DanielDaniel
        Participant

Thank you for the response of my car wash problem. I’m going to give it my best shot, even though it’s just a daily driver I take care of my cars the best I can, it’s a 2011 ford f-150. Still looks like a 2011. but my biggest concern was the 2015 Corvette, that is awesome love that car. Thanks again and that’s why I am a etcg fan. The only placed to go for my car needs, and repair. One small exception he won’t like this, yes he will, is Paul Danner? Stay dirty……………Kinney

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…