Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • finally completed my first timing belt and water pump replacment.

finally completed my first timing belt and water pump replacment.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion finally completed my first timing belt and water pump replacment.

• Creator
    Topic
    steven thompsonsteven thompson
    Participant

AND IT STILL RUNS!

anyways the low down is that i bought a car i knew had a very old probably factory water pump that had never been changed.
      trouble?? its a pt cruiser you have to know what to take off and how to work with the car to work on it.
      special tools new motor mounts lots of frustration but today she runs.

i ended up buying this pt cruiser for 650$
      it has 173002 miles
      i knew it would probably need the timing belt and water pump changed thats why i bought it.
      i wanted to learn how to do it myself.

plus i see them all the time for sale with dead belts so once i get a truck i may see if i cant recuse a few broken timing belt pt cruisers

my plan is to grab up say 100 or so pt cruisers and stash them on whatever land i can get for cheap and wait for the day that people feel nostalgic for pt cruisers.

people go crazy for the weirdest cars

i bet nobody ever thought a vw bug would be collectable and exspincive for a rotted shell but hey its like that.

ive wanted a pt cruiser every since i saw one in the school library on a huge poster showing off the years new cars it was a see the future type deal.

then playing gran turismo 3 and using the pt cruiser as a starters car to begin the game made me fall in love with pt cruisers.

i remember thinking as a kid 20 grand?? all never be able to afford one of thoose.

to me a pt cruiser was a luxury car as a kid.

its been about 17 years since thoose days and now i can have all the pt cruisers i can afford to buy haha.

my current car has some sheet metal damage from the original owner.
      im going to try using glue pull tab and a slide hammer to reshape the metal and pull the dents back out so that i can sand it prime it to keep it from rusting.
      if glue tab pulling dosent cut it i will use a stud gun aand slid hammer
      fter the “body work” is thru im probably going to put a stripe of plastdipp over the body worked areas just to hide that its not painted body color.

all do it on both sides to make it look legit.

other than that and the timing belt water pump it runs and drive good and even has heat and ac!

what more could i ask for??

i plan to drive this car for decades and keep it as mine forever.

im going to buy another car soon with a blown headgasket.

it will either be a motor swap situation or a headgasket replacment and machining shop trip!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…