Menu

Whats inside my Radiator fins?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion Whats inside my Radiator fins?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    DavidDavid
    Participant

can you fish them out? it looks like pieces of a gasket or something like that. Stop-leak usually works by plugging a hole (so as the coolant is pushed out of the hole, it builds up and forms a “patch” of goo over the hole to seal it. It won’t generally form large chunks in your system.

If they are all just loose pieces in the radiator, I would be tempted to remove it from the car, flip it over and try and flush it out (maybe block the upper radiator hose attachment and fill from the bottom, then pull the upper radiator hose and/or cap and see if the pieces come out as the water rushes out) – it doesn’t look like too much of an obstruction, but getting it out of there is probably better than leaving it in

DaveDave
      Participant

Hi, it looks like it may be stop leak.
        There is a type with small pellets, that resembles those.
        It is likely the stop leak was initially put in the cooling system was not warm or the proper warm up cycle did not occur. Likely as a result the pellets did not dissolve sufficiently then hardened up. This is the down side of using such products.

If you remove the rad, turn it upside down and flush it can be cleaned out adequately.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…