Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Throttlebody Groove for radical MPG imrpove

Throttlebody Groove for radical MPG imrpove

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion Throttlebody Groove for radical MPG imrpove

• Creator
    Topic
    t8nyt8ny
    Participant

Ok, so I have not personally tried this yet, I can see the POV of such things like this just being “too good to be true” and so on no problem. But lets give it a shot yeah? Reason Im posting this is out of curiousity… And I do know such things are very much possible. The controlling of the oil is the control of all commerce on earth and all people reliable on it. Hell, so called “fossil” fuel and combustion engines have been obsolete in many ways before it was massproduced and established over hundred years ago. You have such fellas as Nikola Tesla, which Im sure a few of you have heard of. One should hioe anyways. Yeah… I am a “conspiracy-nut”… :dry:

In this case… Making a simple groove with a tool in the air intake is said to improve gas milage by varying degree depending on model/make but usually around 50%, and in some cases over 100%. BY JSUT THIS ONE GROOVE ALONE. There are by the word more mmodifications to be done if you research further. simply by mixing in the fuel/air properly with creating a vortex of sorts in the intake.
      For better explaination and testimonials you would have to sacrfice a few minutes on some videos and/or podcasts wich I will link below. Maybe Eric would wanna look into this? Low risk, low cost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExI8plE_T1I

good podcast about 35 minutes very good indepth explaination by the “gadgetman” himself: http://webtalkradio.net/internet-talk-radio/2011/06/27/talk-for-food-%E2%80%93-a-%E2%80%98groove%E2%80
      %99-that-could-change-the-world/
      OR …. this video starting about 16:30 in:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLIqMGPcpnU

Maybe someone can/want to be the testdummy for me/us?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Kevin CriswellKevin Criswell
      Participant

Why do I get the feeling this is spam?

Wow watched the video and read the links, this is a scam to buy into instructions to do nothing and scam others.

Its not even good snake oil :angry: :pinch:

t8nyt8ny
        Participant

No, its a easy DIY. The guy may charge you 250 bucks to do the job.. I am aware that there are quite a few scams of this nature around, but it might not hurt to give it a bit more than 2 glances before you throw your conclusion on the table. Watch the last video or the podcast first please. thanks man

Participant

Sorry man, I am voting scam of the tornado variety. If someone is foolish enough to spend $350 on a silly mod that does nothing, well it’s their money.

If you are one of the “authorised sellers” please post the laboratory information and dyno testing proving this works.

Participant

This is snake oil plain and simple, no independent field testing with lab equipment and no independent testing with dynos, claims mpg go up %50 or more and claims the engine is now %99 efficent (breaks the 2nd law of thermodynamics). The logic behind the modification (secret formula) makes zero sense, drilling a bypass passage around the throttle plate is actually bad for power and economy not better. No modification is a “one-size fits all”, Ron claims this works the exact same on carbs, huh? wait, what? Carbs and throttle bodies are designed completely different and no mod to one can be carried unchanged to the other. Mr. Groove was arrested recently for substance abuse (cocaine and meth) and he is claiming that the auto manufacturers are bribing the police to frame him for drug possession, wait what? That makes zero sense. At the end of his “the government is after me” page he asks for donations for his legal team :pinch:

Do not give this idiot $350 to “learn” how to gut a groove in a throttle body and please do not give this idiot $5,000 to get a license to cut other throttle bodies up. BTW this “mod” requires that you delete the PVC system which is extremely bad for the engine in the long term.

college mancollege man

[quote=”thp” post=79140]No, its a easy DIY. The guy may charge you 250 bucks to do the job.. I am aware that there are quite a few scams of this nature around, but it might not hurt to give it a bit more than 2 glances before you throw your conclusion on the table. Watch the last video or the podcast first please. thanks man[/quote]

Get it done to your vehicle and keep us posted on your mileage improvement. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Participant

[quote=”college man” post=79217][quote=”thp” post=79140]No, its a easy DIY. The guy may charge you 250 bucks to do the job.. I am aware that there are quite a few scams of this nature around, but it might not hurt to give it a bit more than 2 glances before you throw your conclusion on the table. Watch the last video or the podcast first please. thanks man[/quote]

Get it done to your vehicle and keep us posted on your mileage improvement. ;)[/quote]

๐Ÿ‘ฟ

My biggest pet peeve is con-men. People work hard for their money and many here don’t have allot to spare so they want to learn to do their own work to help save some. Con-men like to take advantage of hard working people so that they don’t have to do the hard work. And to come here and prey on people trying to get help, just royally pisses me off really bad. It also takes advantage of Eric’s hard work to build a reputable website, they slide in and try to use his good name to sell their snake oil.

Nothing used to make me madder than popping a hood and finding pseudoscience junk attached to the motor, typhoons, fuel line magnets and brown gas generators. Stuff people paid hard money for that does nothing but add weight to the vehicle and drain their pocketbook. :angry:

dandan

i fail to see how cutting a slit into your throttle body will increase airflow, and i sincerely fail too see why this will drastically increase fuel mileage as described. if anything it will create turbulence in your throttle body that causes restriction which will decrease airflow! have you ever heard of port and polishing? in many cases the throttle body, intake manifold and intake ports in the cylinder heads are smoothed out with a dremel removing the roughness left over from factory casting too increase airflow going into the combustion chamber, additionally the intake path would be smoothed out and re shaped too support smoother freeier flow, that would have a greater effect on increasing air flow than cutting a slot into your throttle body!

the reason why a Vapor carburretor was supposedly so sucessful was beacuse it used gasoline vapors rather than a spray or jet of atomized fuel… Gasoline burns better when it is more finely atomized beacuse it more easily and more equally mixes with the oxygen, this allows it too burn more theroughly… i fail to see how cutting a slot in a throttle body will facilitate this effect, beacuse in a modern gasoline engines they more commonly have malty port sequential fuel injection, the fuel injectors are responsible for atomizing the fuel, breaking the fuel particles into a fine mist when injected, not the throttle body… the primary function of the throttle body is too govern the ammount of air flow going into the intake, that is all!

to truly increase the efficiency of the internal combustion engine, the fuel must be atomized as well as possible this is the job of the fuel injectors, good fuel injectors will atomize the fuel into into as much of a vapor state as possible, there must be good air flow making it easy for the engine too draw in air, but enough turbulence too mix the air fuel mixture together throughly, that air fuel mixture must be around 14.7-1 storchometric, 14.7 parts air to one part fuel, it must be compressed well, and must have a ignition system that ignites the air fuel mixture throughly as possible buy not only having sufficient spark but igniting the air fuel mixture at the right time before the piston reaches top dead center, this must be timed depending on the engines compression ratio and fuel octane rating, as well as a cobustion chamber that would support the expansion of the burning gases so the flame curnel can expand well without being quenched… i fail to see how a groove in a throttle body facilitates this, sounds just like the tornado scam too me!

BluesnutBluesnut
                    Participant

The Chrysler Turbo Encabulator is much more believeable than this load of………

Participant

[quote=”Bluesnut” post=79772]The Chrysler Turbo Encabulator is much more believeable than this load of………[/quote]

๐Ÿ˜†

The creator of the “groove” contacted me ๐Ÿ˜† Sent me a message that I need to have an “Open” mind and that numbers and science are not everything. I was told to contact his thousands of “technicians” doing this world wide and I should talk to his millions of very satisfied customers :pinch:

Ah yes because anecdotal evidence and “belief” is what makes up automotive science and technology :huh:

I told him show me independent laboratory studies that are peer reviewed and I will be on board, but I am not holding my breath for that.

BluesnutBluesnut
                        Participant

[quote=”Raistian77″ post=79893][quote=”Bluesnut” post=79772]The Chrysler Turbo Encabulator is much more believeable than this load of………[/quote]

๐Ÿ˜†

The creator of the “groove” contacted me ๐Ÿ˜† Sent me a message that I need to have an “Open” mind and that numbers and science are not everything. I was told to contact his thousands of “technicians” doing this world wide and I should talk to his millions of very satisfied customers :pinch:

Ah yes because anecdotal evidence and “belief” is what makes up automotive science and technology :huh:

I told him show me independent laboratory studies that are peer reviewed and I will be on board, but I am not holding my breath for that.[/quote]

Well, he’s either full of it or delusional. The analysis on the board kind of reminds me of the comedian Professor Irwin Corey who would stand up in front of a blackboard and recite all kinds of scientific gibberish while pointing at various pointless equations…… ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Loading…