Why EricTheCarGuy didn't have a lift

More
4 years 4 months ago #128716 by AutoBravado.com
Replied by AutoBravado.com on topic Why EricTheCarGuy didn't have a lift

InsyleM wrote: Well, I see you have a lift now!
Congrats!

I can see how you might think that seeing the lift above your comment. That's actually a video by someone other than Ericthecarguy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• EricTheCarGuy
  • EricTheCarGuy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #128746 by EricTheCarGuy
Replied by EricTheCarGuy on topic Why EricTheCarGuy didn't have a lift
Feb 20, 2015

I make this post today as an update. As of yesterday, I now have a 2 post lift from BendPak at the shop and I'm very happy to have it.

I've spent the past 6 years on the ground and I feel it's time to make the change. When BendPak contacted me about the lift, it was like a dream come true. Yes, BendPak did provide the lift and the installation. I provided the electrical and I'll be promoting the brand for some time to come as every time I use the lift, the BendPak name will be displayed. That said, to say I'm grateful would be an understatement. Knowing full well that in the future I may get asked about how to do a job on the ground, I posted this video today.

I know this new addition will change the videos I make going forward. It's my hope that it will be a change for the better. I know my back is thanking me already, but also consider that I'll be able to get better camera angles, better lighting, and bring you to places I just couldn't before.

I'll be making and posting a video about my new lift in the near future. I'll be sure to post it here when it's ready.

Lastly, I want to thank all of you for your support and viewership over the years. THAT is the reason I now have a lift and I know it. Without you, I'm just some guy making videos that no one watches.

Stay dirty

ETCG

Stay dirty
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by EricTheCarGuy.

More
4 years 4 months ago #128758 by Walt jr
Replied by Walt jr on topic Why EricTheCarGuy didn't have a lift
We have a four post with a trolley and I have nothing but good things to say about Bendpak. Keep the pulleys greased and WD40 everything else as dragging in even slightly snowy cars will kill the metal in a NY minute.

• Chevyman21
  • 6th Gear
  • 6th Gear
  • The Nutty Truck Collector
More
4 years 4 months ago #128761 by Chevyman21
Replied by Chevyman21 on topic Why EricTheCarGuy didn't have a lift
Congrats Eric! Just goes to show how hard work and dedication will get you everywhere in life. When I think about your story it is very inspiring. People, this is a prime example of how if you put your mind and time into something you will achieve! Success is earned not granted and Eric is a great example that anyone can do anything.

Retired Auto Tech

More
4 years 2 months ago #135439 by Gallespie
Replied by Gallespie on topic Why EricTheCarGuy didn't have a lift
That said, now he takes it all back lol.

More
4 years 2 months ago #135609 by PembsPanther
Replied by PembsPanther on topic Why EricTheCarGuy didn't have a lift
yayyyy you now have a lift :cheer: I am sure your life will now be a whole lot easier, I love the sentiment in your reasons for not having one earlier but for what you do and they way you shoot your videos I just know this is going to not only be a time saver but also a back saver, none of us are getting any younger you know ;)

We are looking at moving house over the next year or so and already one of my pre-requisites when we are viewing is an outside workshop that is big enough for a lift and then ion a heart beat I will get one, I do not do than much repair at the moment but have a plan for the future and for me a lift will be an essential tool, could I do what I have planned without one? Yes absolutely. Do I want to? Hell No!

More
4 years 2 months ago #135733 by Gallespie
Replied by Gallespie on topic Why EricTheCarGuy didn't have a lift
He says he will still do some work on the ground, I'll be interested to see if that's true. Anyway, all those paragraphs before the last 2 no longer apply, wow, that was a lot of explanation to go through to just take it all back now.

More
3 years 10 months ago #146103 by Skillz
Replied by Skillz on topic Why EricTheCarGuy didn't have a lift
Nice Lift Eric....I am just starting out and am a little nervous about being under one. I have not had the opportunity yet of using the one at school. Your video was a lot of help.Who cares why you didn't have a lift before ? .ROCK ON!

SKillz

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds