Menu

Eric’s new desk.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion Eric’s new desk.

• Creator
    Topic
    HondaTechJoeHondaTechJoe
    Participant

How long will Eric’s desk stay as clean as it is in FATR 26?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      djdevon3djdevon3
      Participant

Depends on what the desk is for. I’m pretty sure he said he had another bench as a work bench so the desk is only for computer stuff? I saw one of those flexible gorilla tri-pods for the camera so my guess is computer and camera stuff only. As a computer desk it should stay fairly clean as long as he ONLY uses it for computer stuff. In a guy’s workshop though any flat surface is fair game for temporarily setting stuff down. His workbench didn’t look nearly big enough that I’d expect of someone of his caliber. I can easily see him overloading that one rather quickly and moving on to cannibalize part of the computer desk.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
        Participant

Hmmmmm, depends on the work he’s doing i guess.. I give it a month C8-)

Its a nice desk though.

ratdude747ratdude747
          Participant

if it were my desk, 5 min- 1 hour max. 😀

for ETCG, I’d say a week to 2 weeks.

JohnDoeJohnDoe
            Participant

10$ says it was trashed by the end of the day W;)

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
              Keymaster

Quoted From djdevon3:

Depends on what the desk is for. I’m pretty sure he said he had another bench as a work bench so the desk is only for computer stuff? I saw one of those flexible gorilla tri-pods for the camera so my guess is computer and camera stuff only. As a computer desk it should stay fairly clean as long as he ONLY uses it for computer stuff. In a guy’s workshop though any flat surface is fair game for temporarily setting stuff down. His workbench didn’t look nearly big enough that I’d expect of someone of his caliber. I can easily see him overloading that one rather quickly and moving on to cannibalize part of the computer desk.

I suspect it will stay clean for some time since it’s for the ‘business’ and I wanted a place that I could write things up and do work when I’m not getting dirty, it will also serve as a customer waiting area as that chair will stay much cleaner than my own. I’m sure I will have to dust it on occasion because of the dirt that I’ll make in the shop though.

ShirokumaShirokuma
                Participant

It will hold a fair amount of dirty fan mail.

IamRagnasIamRagnas
                  Participant

nah the fan mail gets stuffed a drawer!!! Hah just kiddin! (at least I hope not…)

2 weeks top then there will be folders, binders, power cords, open chip bags, empty cans of soda, writting utinsles, rulers, and other misc. things on it.

MattMatt
                    Participant

Back when I used to run restaurants, I had a filing system called ‘The Pile’. Everything important went into ‘The Pile’. It might take me 20 minutes to find what I needed, but I always found it. If he sticks to this thorough system, he’ll have plenty of room for other stuff, like a TV and PS3 🙂

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Loading…