Menu

#Mobil1YearOilChange Challenge!

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum #Mobil1YearOilChange Challenge!

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

Yes, this is indeed sponsored content, but I think it contains an interesting experiment. We’ll see how it works out in a year.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jason WhiteJason White
      Participant

I’m a M1 customer and have been using M1 Syn Extended performance in my Silverado. I usually change it around 10K or so, not the full 15K because it is an older engine, gets fuel contamination because it isn’t the spring chicken it once was but it has over 300K on it. No clumps, lumps, signs of sludge, and I usually do have to add a quart or two during that 10K run. It seems like this annual formula is a step higher and I might do it next time.

I’ll be interested on the follow up video sometime next summer.

RichRich
        Participant

Contamination, combustion by products, ethanol and even stuck rings, add camshaft variable timing and what do we get? Then the owner NEVER checks the oil, even when there is a dipstick. As a child, 1960’s, at a neighbors Sunday afternoon picnic where my dad was discussing the need for timely oil changes the neighbor disagreed saying “oil never wears out” and he knows as he is a maintenance guy at a local bus garage. My dad worked for Exxon Mobil. I asked the simple question, as bath water never wears out, why do we have to change it? Yes out of the mouths of babes, the revelation of a kindergartner. Conclusion: it doesn’t wear out, simply becomes contaminated. Does my service shop use M-1 yes, do we see premium oil filters sucked into the engines from long use? yes. Recommendation: use the best oil & filter and change it at 5k 6 months or buy a new car every 100k. Please recycle all used oil

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…