Menu

How To Dress Up Your Engine!

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum How To Dress Up Your Engine!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Nate JonesNate Jones
    Participant

Just curious, but where is the belt tension adjusted from on this setup? Solely from the alternator/AC “turnbuckle” as you called it?

Ian WilliamsIan Williams
      Participant

Attachments:
        Ian WilliamsIan Williams
        Participant

[img ]DSL,0084,JPG [/img
          a couple of shots of my old Holden Commodore with polished valve covers

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

3 places. The alternator turnbuckle, the AC turnbuckle, or with the PS pump.

Keymaster

Nice!

Chris OrozcoChris
              Participant

Say Eric,

I was always curious about the power steering systems and was curious if you ever came across electric power steering units. Do they make some that could be fitted aftermarket? Do they do retrofits by chance? Would you have mounted some to increase the horses of your car if money was not a factor and assuming that they are available? Let me know thank you.

Chris

Keymaster

In my opinion EPS is too much work for too little gain. Sure, you don’t have to turn a power steering pump, but the alternator will have an increased load which will likely make up for the difference.

Also, I’m kinda tired of the suggestion of EPS on the Fairmont. I’ve been hearing it since I started the build 2 years ago. EPS would add a new level of complication to the build that just wouldn’t be worth it to me. As it is, I have to custom fit almost every piece I’ve added to the car and that’s a lot. Adding one more thing to the workload really doesn’t appeal to me at all.

Hydraulic steering is a tried and true technology. It’s also cheap and readily available.

Thanks for the comment.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…