Menu

TKO600 Install #FairmontProject

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum TKO600 Install #FairmontProject

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

Since my engine made as much power as it did, I needed to upgrade many things, including the transmission and bell housing. Special thanks to Modern Driveline on this one. They gave me a smokin deal on these parts.

Part 2 posted to this thread when available. Thanks for watching!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Ian WilliamsIan Williams
      Participant

Great video , very informative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keymaster

Here’s part 2 of this awesome saga.

Nick BiancoNick Bianco
          Participant

I was away from the channel for a couple weeks. Enjoyed coming back and watching parts 1 and 2 today.

The fit-out of all these parts into the shell of the Fairmont really reminds me how much goes into engineering a vehicle, including how to manage NVH, and also allow for drivetrain movement during acceleration changes. For instance, I saw how your new transmission was touching or would be touching the floorpan. I’m sure you’ve got all this covered/planned for, but couldn’t help but think about excessive vibration transferred from the transmission into the cabin, as well as wondered how things will be able to move back and forth when you rev the engine.

This car is going to be a monster.

Keymaster

[quote=”redsabre94″ post=185697]I was away from the channel for a couple weeks. Enjoyed coming back and watching parts 1 and 2 today.

The fit-out of all these parts into the shell of the Fairmont really reminds me how much goes into engineering a vehicle, including how to manage NVH, and also allow for drivetrain movement during acceleration changes. For instance, I saw how your new transmission was touching or would be touching the floorpan. I’m sure you’ve got all this covered/planned for, but couldn’t help but think about excessive vibration transferred from the transmission into the cabin, as well as wondered how things will be able to move back and forth when you rev the engine.

This car is going to be a monster.[/quote]

The transmission is not coming into contact with the floorpan. There’s plenty of clearance, but I will be changing out the poly mount for a rubber one. The experts advise thats a better option.

Yes, a ton of work goes into reengineering a vehicle. In fact, that’s one of the main points of doing this series is to show that very thing.

Thanks for your comment.

Ian WilliamsIan Williams
              Participant

it’s getting ever close to completion , bet you can’t wait :cheer: :cheer:

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…