Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • #DarkmatterPikachu Dyno Testing Day (Full Video)

#DarkmatterPikachu Dyno Testing Day (Full Video)

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum #DarkmatterPikachu Dyno Testing Day (Full Video)

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

So many of you have asked when this engine is going to run. The wait is over. Now, it will still be some time before it’s running in the car as there is still a great deal of work to do before the car is running. As it’s often said, the last 10% of a build is always the hardest.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      James P GrossoJames P Grosso
      Participant

Good info on figuring that carb hat was messing with the carb. I was thinking the air bleeds were too large?
        That engine makes great torque!

JamesJames
        Participant

Eric,
          Thanks for the video and your positive messages in the recent news letter. Been watching awhile. No post on live event because I figure your busy there and the forum has been good for what guys can do without laying hands on the car with you, etc. This video reminds me again of the reason I appreciate watching your productions and it is the honesty/ integrity of hey we all have to figure it out sometimes with help…. Would have been easy to edit out the 1st half but you didn’t. I wanted to post in the you tube comments as I haven’t don’t that yet either but I felt like it would be lost among all the crap of arm chair experts and nay Sayers. Thanks for what you do and wish you the best on the Fairmont but especially on the Fixing it Forward legacy. Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays, however you prefer.

James Johnson,
          Oregon.

Keymaster

[quote=”jjohnson1″ post=180383]Eric,
            Thanks for the video and your positive messages in the recent news letter. Been watching awhile. No post on live event because I figure your busy there and the forum has been good for what guys can do without laying hands on the car with you, etc. This video reminds me again of the reason I appreciate watching your productions and it is the honesty/ integrity of hey we all have to figure it out sometimes with help…. Would have been easy to edit out the 1st half but you didn’t. I wanted to post in the you tube comments as I haven’t don’t that yet either but I felt like it would be lost among all the crap of arm chair experts and nay Sayers. Thanks for what you do and wish you the best on the Fairmont but especially on the Fixing it Forward legacy. Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays, however you prefer.

James Johnson,
            Oregon.[/quote]

Thank you very much for that. I’ve always worked hard to make my productions the best they can be. I also agree that it’s good to leave in the ‘struggle’. After all, we’re human. I really appreciate your comments, thanks again.

Happy holidays to you as well.

Ian WilliamsIan Williams
            Participant

Interesting watch , that Fairmont is going to be a real handful when they engines in , as an aside I watched you and Brian discuss the videos of Kelvinator engines , and was surprised at the amount of criticism , a little disappointing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeMike
              Participant

Excellent gear-head stuff.

God bless dynos. Trying to sort this out the “shade tree” way, with the engine in the car, and farting around with multiple 1/4 mile passes, followed by plug readings, vacuum gauges, distributor bumps and jet changes would have been a nightmare within a nightmare.

Keymaster

[quote=”Evil-i” post=180513]Excellent gear-head stuff.

God bless dynos. Trying to sort this out the “shade tree” way, with the engine in the car, and farting around with multiple 1/4 mile passes, followed by plug readings, vacuum gauges, distributor bumps and jet changes would have been a nightmare within a nightmare.[/quote]

No doubt.

Keymaster

[quote=”Commodore665″ post=180510]Interesting watch , that Fairmont is going to be a real handful when they engines in , as an aside I watched you and Brian discuss the videos of Kelvinator engines , and was surprised at the amount of criticism , a little disappointing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yea, criticism, warranted or not, is all part of the YouTube automotive space unfortunately.

Kathryn tinsandwichKathryn Kaufman
                    Participant

Hi Eric,

It’s great and yet ironic (to me) to see such a powerful engine go into a Fairmont especially after seeing the engine that came out of Oliver and knowing it was most likely the same type of engine that was in the ’82 Fairmont I had. I used to say that my Fairmont was a momentum car (it seemed take a bit to start moving down the road with a purpose) and my friend Steve called it a “finely-tuned racing machine” but your Fairmont actually IS a “finely-tuned racing machine”! or will be when assembled. Gotta love that custard yellow! (Mine was that same color with the funky brown interior; I think mine had an AM/FM radio however – must have been an eighties upgrade or something.) LOL 😛

DonDon
                      Participant

Perhaps someone on here (…or their child) is more artistic and can re-do this (and make it both more epic and pikachu-esque). So we can gift Eric a little vinyl, or window sticker, for the all the fantastic build videos.

Attachments:
                        Kathryn tinsandwichKathryn Kaufman
                        Participant

Hi Oblithian,

Great idea. Love your drawing. I think it could work just the way it is.

Kathryn

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Loading…