Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Legend/Acura RL Transmission Mount Replacement

Legend/Acura RL Transmission Mount Replacement

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum Legend/Acura RL Transmission Mount Replacement

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

This one is a common problem dating all the way back to the 1991 Legend. It’s not too difficult once you get the exhaust loose.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Juan Marcos LariosJuan
      Participant

Hi Eric, I’m glad you got the lift now, helps to make better videos. Three questions for you:
        1. The tall red jack you used to hold the exhaust, is it the same you used to jack up the transmission? I noticed some hydraulic lift action but does it have a locking mechanism to use as support as well?

2. What is your opinion about the use of window weld to reinforce mounts?

3. I know you prefer to use OEM parts whenever possible, but sometimes OEM mount prices are double that of aftermarket units. How have you fared with aftermarket and which ones you’d recommend if any?

Thanks again for yet another great video, I’ve noticed the productions have gotten even better as of late, the collar mic has made a great difference in hearing you over shop echo.
        Juan

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

[quote=”jmlarios13″ post=176215]Hi Eric, I’m glad you got the lift now, helps to make better videos. Three questions for you:
          1. The tall red jack you used to hold the exhaust, is it the same you used to jack up the transmission? I noticed some hydraulic lift action but does it have a locking mechanism to use as support as well?

2. What is your opinion about the use of window weld to reinforce mounts?

3. I know you prefer to use OEM parts whenever possible, but sometimes OEM mount prices are double that of aftermarket units. How have you fared with aftermarket and which ones you’d recommend if any?

Thanks again for yet another great video, I’ve noticed the productions have gotten even better as of late, the collar mic has made a great difference in hearing you over shop echo.
          Juan[/quote]

Yes it was the same jack. The jack is all mechanical, no hydraulic support. It’s just a standard screw type jack similar to this one.

https://www.jbtoolsales.com/sunex-tools-6810-1500-lb-underhoist-support-stand-w-foot-pedal#oid=1002_1

I’ve never used urethane to reenforce a mount so I couldn’t speak to that one.

I don’t believe there are aftermarket mounts for this vehicle. When it comes to Hondas, nothing is better than OE. Meaning, if you purchase aftermarket parts for this job you’ll likely be doing it again soon.

Juan Marcos LariosJuan
          Participant

Good to know, thanks again..

Caleb StovallCaleb Stovall
            Participant

When I bought my Integras GSR the previous owner had filled all the mounts with urethane.
              They all seem to work well, no vibration or anything even under abuse.

That said I’ve had to replace the lower mounts on my my RS and LS and I can’t tell the difference between the new mounts on those cars compared to the “poly” mounts on the GSR bit then again no V-Tec I guess…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…