Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • How To Install an Exhaust Header Acura Integra

How To Install an Exhaust Header Acura Integra

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum How To Install an Exhaust Header Acura Integra

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

I guess we could call this the first modification of the GSR. The take away, remove the slave cylinder.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MattMatt
      Participant

On my Expedition, I changed the Cats last year. Four O2 sensors, and bank 1 sensor 1 (right side, front) sits right in front of the nut I needed to take off to drop the Cat. I went the hard way, crowfoot from the bottom. Just a nightmare. It was when I was putting everything back together I realize I get a wrench on it through the wheel well. This year, I got a code for that same sensor. When changing it, I then realize something else, I have several 7/8″ wrenches. I cut a gap into a box end and found it much easier using that. I think when I used the open in to put the old one in, it slipped, putting a dent in the side of the sensor. The cut box end kept me from slipping off. Now I have a dedicated O2 sensor wrench.

Keymaster

[quote=”Flintiron” post=175434]On my Expedition, I changed the Cats last year. Four O2 sensors, and bank 1 sensor 1 (right side, front) sits right in front of the nut I needed to take off to drop the Cat. I went the hard way, crowfoot from the bottom. Just a nightmare. It was when I was putting everything back together I realize I get a wrench on it through the wheel well. This year, I got a code for that same sensor. When changing it, I then realize something else, I have several 7/8″ wrenches. I cut a gap into a box end and found it much easier using that. I think when I used the open in to put the old one in, it slipped, putting a dent in the side of the sensor. The cut box end kept me from slipping off. Now I have a dedicated O2 sensor wrench.[/quote]

I’ve seen that done a few times. It’s a great solution for an O2 tool.

Jeffrey RyanJeffrey Ryan
          Participant

What a great fun car. In my experience before on my rsx-s days, you did not notice much of a gain with this mod Eric because usually when people do Headers, they also do a cold air intake of some kind and a cat-back exhaust to have better flow all throughout. But I understand you’re not there yet with the GSR. The fact that this part you have is in your parts bin. Can’t wait for the plans you have for this car down the road.

Keymaster

[quote=”si_jeff” post=175759]What a great fun car. In my experience before on my rsx-s days, you did not notice much of a gain with this mod Eric because usually when people do Headers, they also do a cold air intake of some kind and a cat-back exhaust to have better flow all throughout. But I understand you’re not there yet with the GSR. The fact that this part you have is in your parts bin. Can’t wait for the plans you have for this car down the road.[/quote]

Several people have made that suggestion, but to be honest I think Honda did a very good job with this engine in the first place. There really wasn’t much room for improvement without major modification. If you look at the shape of the header it’s the same as the manifold that was on there, just a lot lighter.

I never expected any real gain from the swap. As you said, I just had it on the shelf so I used it.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…