Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Bending and Flaring the Differential Brake Lines

Bending and Flaring the Differential Brake Lines

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum Bending and Flaring the Differential Brake Lines

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

Here’s another piece of the Fairmont puzzle. It may not be as glamorous as some of this work, but the car has to stop as well as go.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Caleb StovallCaleb Stovall
      Participant

I love watching you use that flaring tool, it works so beautifully and easily…. Especially compared to some of the other methods out there……

Props to Cameraman Bryan for such dedication to keeping squawking sounds out of your videos!

Brian BurkeBrian Burke
        Participant

I learn more on this channel that several college classes I paid thousands for. The least I could do is become a premium member. A couple points about this particular video. Why did you have to tap a hole for one of the brackets? They made the first bracket fit in there perfectly, why not the second? Also, why not steel braids on the lines? Thanks again for these tutorials. I love them.

Caleb StovallCaleb Stovall
          Participant

Those were steel braided brake lines, and he made 4 holes total, 2 of which he tapped.

MikeMike
            Participant

Have you ever tried using this type of tubing bender? Works like a charm and gives very good looking results.

Dave TidmanDave Tidman
              Participant

Tubing benders work well for larger radius bends. I’ve been able to do good small radius bends by using a socket clamped to the workbench and bending the line carefully around the socket. Given I bend a brake line about once every 10 years, I can’t really justify buying the tools.

Good call on replacing the lines, that small kink had me worried given the intended use of the car.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                Keymaster

I do have one of the other style benders, I just haven’t used it. I’ve gotten used to using the pliers in this video. I’d hate to try something new and mess it up. I suppose some practice is in order.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…