Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • ETCG Answers Questions Live #60 2/17/2016

ETCG Answers Questions Live #60 2/17/2016

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum ETCG Answers Questions Live #60 2/17/2016

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

Well, I tried to use a new webcam for this show, but honestly it looked worse than the one I already use. Super disappointed about that. I’ll work on it.

That said, I felt a little behind the 8 ball on this one because I spent so much time messing with the new camera before I gave up and went back to the old one. Because of that, I didn’t have the normal prep time I have before a show. I don’t think it was a bad show though.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nick BiancoNick Bianco
      Participant

It was not a bad show. I saw the notification that you’d have a show 10 hours before, and was excited to see my first one live, but yet again missed it live, due to work constraints. :/

Yes, the webcam issues. I already assume you have speedy Internet, since your YouTube videos are top-shelf quality. So may I ask what webcam you have been using? If you’re using the iSight camera on your MacBook Air (seen in “A Day at the Shop”), I’d be surprised if the quality was as lackluster as it was last night. Not to complain, but actually, the last couple of live shows seem to be more jittery. Maybe you can keep playing with your new webcam and see if restarting your computer or installing some updates allows it to function better.

Either way, I enjoyed hearing other people’s questions and your knowledgeable answers, as usual. You reminded me I need to remember to go pick up some blinker fluid next time I am in the auto parts store. Even if we can’t see the “ETCG” on the stuffed animals as clearly, your oral delivery is the best part.

Last summer, a family friend in her late 60s *insisted* that her 2009 Ford Focus took a particular type of washer fluid from the Ford dealer. 😛

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

[quote=”redsabre94″ post=159631]It was not a bad show. I saw the notification that you’d have a show 10 hours before, and was excited to see my first one live, but yet again missed it live, due to work constraints. :/

Yes, the webcam issues. I already assume you have speedy Internet, since your YouTube videos are top-shelf quality. So may I ask what webcam you have been using? If you’re using the iSight camera on your MacBook Air (seen in “A Day at the Shop”), I’d be surprised if the quality was as lackluster as it was last night. Not to complain, but actually, the last couple of live shows seem to be more jittery. Maybe you can keep playing with your new webcam and see if restarting your computer or installing some updates allows it to function better.

Either way, I enjoyed hearing other people’s questions and your knowledgeable answers, as usual. You reminded me I need to remember to go pick up some blinker fluid next time I am in the auto parts store. Even if we can’t see the “ETCG” on the stuffed animals as clearly, your oral delivery is the best part.

Last summer, a family friend in her late 60s *insisted* that her 2009 Ford Focus took a particular type of washer fluid from the Ford dealer. :P[/quote]

I have the best webcam on the market. It’s a Logitec, can’t remember the model. I’ve been using it almost since the beginning. After trying the ‘new’ camera before this show and getting similar results, I tried a test on my desktop with my old camera. I had been using my laptop to stream in the past. I found that the picture quality was substantially better. It seems that my laptop doesn’t have the ‘horsepower’ to do live streaming well. The next show I’ll be doing at my desktop with the same camera I’ve been using all along. Problem solved.

Thanks for your input.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…