Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Town & Country Wheel Cylinder Replacement

Town & Country Wheel Cylinder Replacement

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum Town & Country Wheel Cylinder Replacement

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

This was a real PITA. I went to deliver the van to Barbara and found out the brake pedal wasn’t very good. After several attempts I realized I was going to have to replace the wheel cylinders so that I could bleed all 4 wheels. Well, that presented it’s own problems. Still, I’ve been wanting to do a video on difficult wheel cylinder replacement for some time. I suppose it’s good I got my chance.

I posted this video BEFORE the video where Barbara picks up the van because she mentioned the brake pedal during that video. I’d hate for you to think I let her drive away with bad brakes. Instead, we shot the video of her picking up the van and then repaired the brakes. She came and picked up the van for real later that day after all the repairs were completed.

I’m in on hurry to see the van again anytime soon, but Barbara can come back to visit anytime.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Zac JumahZac Jumah
      Participant

@EricTheCarGuy, next time just heat up the brake line fitting off of the line with the torch. We do that in our shop all the time to get them free. Hate to see you struggle off of something so easy 😆

BillBill
        Participant

Hey Eric. Great video. As someone else mentioned you should have heated the line fitting with a torch and freed it up. The brake fluid usually catches fire so be careful. I know that sometimes we get so frustrated that we have a brain fart. The lower strut bar holds the park brake lever in place on those vans. No need for a nut and bolt. Thanks for “fixing it forward”

WilliamWilliam
          Participant

Off topic, but throw a magnetic tray on each arm of your lift and never have a lug nut roll off again. :side:

Also, thanks for the cool tip. It’s so obvious, but we are trained to think a certain way and don’t always see alternatives. I had a vehicle in school with that very problem, and I wish I had seen this video then! 😆

RobRob
            Participant

Maybe try the other new wheel cylinder if the one you’re trying to manipulate doesn’t line up the way you like next time? There’s no way they’re both going to be machined exactly the same.

Love the Pay It Forward series, this is definitely my favorite part of ETCG.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
              Keymaster

[quote=”Zac-EXL-T” post=144128]@EricTheCarGuy, next time just heat up the brake line fitting off of the line with the torch. We do that in our shop all the time to get them free. Hate to see you struggle off of something so easy :lol:[/quote]

I just don’t feel comfortable heating brake lines like that. My method does work and I’ll happily stick with it. Thanks for the suggestion.

WolfWolf
                Participant

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…