Menu

Q-Bond Review and Elvis Repair

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum Q-Bond Review and Elvis Repair

• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by MikeMike.
  • Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

How do you fix a broken Elvis clock? Q-Bond. Worked pretty good once I figured out how to use it.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      SeanSean
      Participant

Hey Eric,

Never used the glue before, but as I was watching the video I had a thought.
        Maybe next time you use it, put the powder on one of the surfaces, and then put the liquid glue on the other surface and then mate the two surfaces together. Wouldn’t have to hope the glue would pull itself into the crack then. I suppose it all depends on how quickly the liquid glue itself dries, if you would have time to do it this way. Just a thought.

Keymaster

[quote=”Brink5″ post=132045]Hey Eric,

Never used the glue before, but as I was watching the video I had a thought.
          Maybe next time you use it, put the powder on one of the surfaces, and then put the liquid glue on the other surface and then mate the two surfaces together. Wouldn’t have to hope the glue would pull itself into the crack then. I suppose it all depends on how quickly the liquid glue itself dries, if you would have time to do it this way. Just a thought.[/quote]

That’s probably exactly what I’ll do next time now that I’m familiar with how to use it. Thanks for your input.

Christopher SipesChristopher Sipes
          Participant

Very interesting product right there. I could see that taking the place of JB Weld in a lot of situations. Fantastic how quick it dries.

twiggytwiggy
            Participant

Great review, I enjoyed it.

I think you could have strong repair if you used a flat piece of material as a brace behind Elvis’s crack and glued to that.

Keymaster

[quote=”twiggy02919″ post=132174]Great review, I enjoyed it.

I think you could have strong repair if you used a flat piece of material as a brace behind Elvis’s crack and glued to that.[/quote]

Or I could have poured the powder on the backside of the crack and then added the glue. Either way, I now have a better idea of how to use the stuff and the next repair will be much better.

Thanks for your input.

MikeMike
                Participant

My favorite use for Q-bond is repairing home stereo speaker grilles. The little plastic nubs on the grille that push into the rubber grommets on the face of the speaker box always seem to break off after so many years. It’s a nice solution for fix parts like that, which can no longer be obtained new.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…