Menu

How To Find Water Leaks

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum How To Find Water Leaks

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

When I got the Vigor I discovered a LOT of water in the trunk. In this video I show the methods of how to find water leaks using that vehicle. I was surprised to find the source. Guess I’m going to be doing some body work soon. Feel free to share your water leak experiences.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      WayneWayne
      Participant

Not really a story, but just about anyone with an 05-07 mustang should probably go through this TSB even though it’s not a recall:
        http://cdn.lrsstatic.com/downloads/tsb05-14/tsb08-26-07.pdf

Anyone with one after that should clean out those 2 cowl drains yearly or better depending on what you park under regularly. It will kill your SJB in the earlier models before they put a plastic diverter over it. The rest of us will just slosh until a floorboard rusts out.

It should have been a recall it’s so common.

Keymaster

[quote=”Wayne613″ post=93357]Not really a story, but just about anyone with an 05-07 mustang should probably go through this TSB even though it’s not a recall:
          http://cdn.lrsstatic.com/downloads/tsb05-14/tsb08-26-07.pdf

Anyone with one after that should clean out those 2 cowl drains yearly or better depending on what you park under regularly. It will kill your SJB in the earlier models before they put a plastic diverter over it. The rest of us will just slosh until a floorboard rusts out.

It should have been a recall it’s so common.[/quote]

Cool, thanks for the heads up.

SeanSean
          Participant

Someone once suggested to me to find a leak that goes into the passenger area of a vehicle, cover the car with soapy water, turn the air on full blast and look for bubbles.
            Never tried it though.

Keymaster

I’ve heard that too. Haven’t tried it myself either.

Lorrin BarthLorrin Barth
              Participant

I’m relishing the thought of a bodywork video.

Keymaster

[quote=”barneyb” post=93687]I’m relishing the thought of a bodywork video.[/quote]

Well lets just say I do body work like a mechanic, not like someone who knows what they’re doing.

Lee AnnLee Ann

[quote=”EricTheCarGuy” post=93755][quote=”barneyb” post=93687]I’m relishing the thought of a bodywork video.[/quote]

Well lets just say I do body work like a mechanic, not like someone who knows what they’re doing.[/quote]

It’ll be interesting, I’m sure! 🙂

Lorrin BarthLorrin Barth
                    Participant

[quote=”EricTheCarGuy” post=93755][quote=”barneyb” post=93687]I’m relishing the thought of a bodywork video.[/quote]

Well lets just say I do body work like a mechanic, not like someone who knows what they’re doing.[/quote]

The trouble with watching people doing what they are expert at is twofold: first they have skills, maybe God given, that I’ll never have and second, since they have been in the business so long, they just assume a person should know a bunch of things I don’t know. So, watching a mechanic do bodywork is what I want to see.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Loading…