Menu

A Mechanics Worst Nightmare

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG1 Video Discussions A Mechanics Worst Nightmare

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

Some might think a mechanics worst nightmare would be working on something really bad. For me, it’s thinking you did a good job when perhaps you didn’t.

What’s your worst nightmare?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EllieEllie
      Participant

Hi Eric,
        thank you for your site,& i’m glad you have found your niche & are happy.
        In relation to your fix it forward it is a great idea.alas it has come with some hiccups,
        & always will, but the ones that work smoothly make up for the hiccup ones.
        Please keep doing this & don’t let a mechanic’s worst nightmare deter you.
        Sometimes we all need a helping hand.

Stay Dirty
        Little Red

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

Thank you!

Jason WhiteJason White
          Participant

I get the nightmares at work. The big nightmare I have is where another tech, chasing a water leak, tore the whole sunroof and interior out of the vehicle and then tapped out. I didn’t take it apart, and never have taken one apart, and I have a car full of parts to put back together. Some parts missing, some parts I don’t know where or how they go on. Had to put a whole new sunroof in, piece by piece as they aren’t available as an assembly. Got a couple assemblies from salvage yards but they were broken, but at least I know how it is put together.

I have a Murano with an oil pressure/timing issue. P0011. Someone else did a timing chain, sprockets, solenoids, valves, same problem. I did the rear timing cover. Still doing it. Technically doesn’t make sense because everything that the oil passes through and is controlled has been either replaced or swapped with a known good vehicle. The only thing I can think of is that the new part that replaced the actual problem part is faulty. To me this really wasn’t a nightmare because I’m following steps appropriately and didn’t start the process. My suggestion is to replace it with a known good engine. Still other possibilities. So, not my nighmare, but management and the owner’s nightmare.

I have found the best way to avoid nightmare/headache vehicles is to either do it right, or don’t do it at all.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…