Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • The Feeling You Get From a Job Well Done

The Feeling You Get From a Job Well Done

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG1 Video Discussions The Feeling You Get From a Job Well Done

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

It feels like I reached a milestone with the Fairmont last week. I wanted to see if the rest of you shared similar feelings when you’ve finished a big job, or done something for the first time.

Feel free to add your experiences to this thread.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      ErinErin
      Participant

For me it depends on how smooth the process went.
        If there were only a couple minor set backs then yes there is a feeling of accomplishment when it is done and everything cleaned up.

BUT if there were serious set backs, it took way longer than expected, just one thing after another going wrong, at the end of such a job it is more a feeling of, “Well at least it is done but what is going to screw up next?”

Another factor is when we are doing a job at our leisure vs. being pressured to finish. Working on a hobby car and having problems is not a big deal but for those of us who own only ONE car, if it is down for repairs, we either have to finish before having to go to work or miss work. And God forbid something else screw up during the repair and we have to find a way to get to the parts store or junk yard.

When you mention how there is very little in life that gives you that kind of satisfaction – I think cause by our age we are jaded enough that we just don’t celebrate victory so quickly. Our first repairs would SEEM to go well but then fire it up and hear some God-awful noise and then get that “sinking” feeling.
        Or like at our jobs we accomplish something only to be told to do it all over again or that it took too long.

So for me overall when finishing something other than leisure work, the feeling is, “Oh boy, hopefully nothing went wrong”.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…