Menu

Where to go from here?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Technicians Only Where to go from here?

• Creator
    Topic
    jeep72jeep72
    Participant

My buddy has bad Arthritis and is hard for him to wrench anymore. He wants to know where does he go from here. he still wants to be in the field some how?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      BluesnutBluesnut
      Participant

If he can tolerate and deal with that certain percentage of dillweed customers who insist on making life miserable for mechanics, he might consider becoming a service writer.

Mechanics would appreciate having that middleman actually knowing something about cars and a lot of headaches would be headed off before they even start.

JoshJosh
        Participant

I agree, he can venture to different fields such as service writer or parts. Depending on where he lives, another option is to be a State inspector or Smog Technician.

BluesnutBluesnut
          Participant

The parts department is a great suggestion. A friend of mine in a neighboring state was a mechanic for a long time. Eventually the straw broke the camel’s back and he said enough. No more. He would starve before working on another car.

His boss asked him if he would like to move to the parts dept. and that’s what he did. A couple of years later the parts manager retired and my friend became the parts manager; a position he still holds today.

No grease, no bleeding knuckles, and it’s air conditioned…… 🙂

jayjay
            Participant

fleet manager/fleet supervisor.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…