Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 Limited

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 Limited

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge What Are You Working On? 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 Limited

• Creator
    Topic
    Sean WrightSean Wright
    Participant

I have a Jeep. Her name is Lucy (like Lucy Lawless aka Zena). One tough lady, but a royal pain in the butt.

Living in New Ingerland, she gets abused by road stuff, Potasium and Calcium Chloride… you know, the concentrated corrosive crap that gets sprayed all over the roads. Clearly, a big project is rust removal and repair. A good opportunity to learn how to weld. Gas tank skid plate is first. Working for Loctite I got my hands on some really nifty sealer that is supposed to be all kinds of resistant to corrosion. I will eventually post results on this…

Aside from that, I love electronics and I am currently setting up a “PCM Station”. I got my hands on a PCM, TCM and BCM and I am building a test bench of sorts. My goal is to ultimately understand the DRBIII protocol and hopefully develop a cheap tool for all Jeep owners to enjoy. It’s an involved process but I love a challenge.

Recently lifted Lucy 4″ and now I want to also work on a better exhaust. What I have right now just ain’t cutting it. The muffler is practically non-existent but changing out the Y-pipe scares me – cost wise. I have the California version with the two pre-cats and 4 oxygen sensors. So if anyone has any cost effective solutions please let me know.

I recently replace my transmission and want to rebuild it over the winter. Just to say I can. I am also planning an engine swap for the spring and looking to rebuild the engine I take out. Lofty goals, I know, but I figure I’m a smart guy and with all you folks I could probably do a half decent job.

Finally, I’m working on building a car-puter. Did I mention I love electronics?

That’s all for now, but who know what I’ll dream up next.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…