Menu

Problems with brakes. Please help

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Problems with brakes. Please help

• Creator
    Topic
    Jon C.Jon C.
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’m having problems with all four brakes. Both back brakes seem not to be working at all. There is rust build up on the rotors. I just purchased two new calipers because I cannot break the bleeders free to bleed them. Could there be another problem besides the calipers because they’re both not working?

And my big question is on my front brakes. About a month-and-a-half ago I had replaced the front rotors because they were warped. And now they seem to be warped again already. I have lots of wobble in the wheel and they they make a lot of rubbing noise and squealing. I have taking the pads out the slide pins grease everything put everything back together and it seems to help with the noise for a couple days and then it’s right back to the same the way it was. What can cause the front rotors to warp that quickly? I’m thinking it’s because my rear brakes are not working and the front brakes are doing all the work.

The for your help

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jon C.Jon C.
      Participant

well I changed my rear calipers. I clamped off the brake lines and still somehow got a ton of air in my brake system. Bleed the back brakes a bunch of times and still have a soft pedal. But at least all four brakes are now working. Next I’m going to put new rotors on the front again and try to bleed the front if I can get the bleeders unstuck. how did I get so much air in my brake system even after I clamped off the brake hoses

Steve KleinSteve Klein
        Participant

What is the make and model of vehicle? How, exactly, are you bleeding the system? Anytime you open the system and replace a component, regardless of whether you clamp the soft lines, you are going to get air in. So, properly bleeding the system is important. Generally, I start with the wheel furthest from the master cylinder and work to the closest. If I can, I get someone to pump the brakes with me working the bleeder (otherwise I use a ‘one man bleeder’ which I don’t recommend). Regarding your warped rotor issues, double check you have the correct rotor and caliper part numbers for your application. Some vehicles have updated brake hardware. Make sure you ‘break in’ a new pad set and always torque the wheel lugs to proper spec.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…