Menu

How To Install an HID Headlight Kit

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum How To Install an HID Headlight Kit

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

I had a lot of fun making this video and I hope you enjoy it. Even though this video shows a Honda Element the procedure is similar with other vehicles. So what do you think of HID kits?

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 105 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      jeremyfountainjeremyfountain
      Participant

i installed sylvania silver star when they first came out i got flashed all the time on low beams

Participant

i think i would erase you from etcg.com no one wants to see your crappy opinions

masstermasster
          Participant

Dude, you’re not in the position to erase anything, other than your own posts. It took you 8 hours to make 3 consecutive posts, one more retarded than the other. You made the same mistake Eric did installing HID projector lamps in a halogen headlight. You’re a disaster. So take your nazi ideas and go back under the rock you came from. We value the freedom of speech in here and Eric doesn’t need a brown nose like you to reply in his place. I’m sure he’ll understand that if he continues to make unprofessional jobs like this, all subscribers will leave. As a matter of fact I advice him to remove that cheap China kit before road Police will make him pay a hefty fine. Then I’m waiting for a Re: video in which he admits he was carried away by having wet dreams on expensive cars with built-in HID kits…

danwat1234danwat1234
            Participant

Sylvania Silverstars are completely DOT legal high end halogens.

@EricTheCarGuy
              , congrats on the HID install. If they work well for you don’t change a thing and don’t worry about tickets because there is no need to worry. Try to find youtube videos of people pulled over for HIDs, there aren’t many and usually just for too blue of bulbs. Therefore since there is no police worry, it’s just up to people to not be selfish and do a proper retrofit. But many reflector housings can spread the light on the road enough for better midrange/longrange night vision, with of course light going everywhere else too. Aim the headlights up a tad if there is too much foreground illumination. Look at install pics/videos of your car to see if it will work well for your housings.

Eric could have done a bit more research before publishing this video but he did a good job except for that color temp technicality.

Participant

freedom of speech will also cause severe bodily harm….how bigga boy are ya?

Keymaster

[quote=”masster” post=58504][quote=”EricTheCarGuy” post=58359]OK I misspoke about temperature and brightness but I did say that you should check with your local laws to see if it would be legal to install such a kit on your vehicle. I also showed how you could easily switch back to your stock set up.[/quote]
                  Those are lame excuses, Eric. People expect you to know what you’re doing. They don’t come to see if you changed your shirt or show up without your cap for once (off topic: we all lose hair. Be a man! Shave and lose the cosmetic cap)

But when we see you’re making blatant mistakes, then the myth ends. No excuse is valid, no mistake is overlooked. I came to your channel for the brakes repair video, as many others. After over 1 year and a half, I know exactly what you can and what you can’t. You are good at shooting videos. You are good at steering, suspension, clutch, A/C, engines (mechanical part), exhaust, brake and maintenance jobs. But electricity and electronics wise… you’re mediocre at best. That’s why you botched this cheap kit HID job. That’s why we criticize your unprofessional mistakes. And when you say your illegal kit is a keeper… you lost us.[/quote]

You’re entitled to your opinion but get your facts straight. Given that the kit works means that I didn’t ‘botch’ the installation. Also, the kit that I installed is NOT illegal in Ohio, look it up.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4513.15

You may not like the video for your own personal reasons but don’t start making things up to make your point, you loose credibility that way.

Keymaster

[quote=”danwat1234″ post=58464]It’s funny how many people noticed Scotty did a video about a week before Eric did on HIDs. Cool coincidence?

I liked the video too. It was a very similar install to my setup with my 1999 Civic. Same headlight connector type.
                    Instead of Motorfiend that has a 1 year warranty, I’d get them from DDMtuning which has a true lifetime warranty. It’s the only brand i know that offers such a warranty and I’ve used the warranty more than once so I know it’s legit (see below). Also a 55w HID kit rather than the 35w kits that Motorfiend and most HID kit sites have. More bang for your buck, about 40% brighter. Also 5000K (pure white color) so there is more useable light and no police attraction.
                    Headlight/control unit connector; Instead of the zip tie, I wrapped it thoroughly with electrical tape so moisture hopefully won’t get in there.
                    That ballast by the exhaust manifold, I hope it doesn’t get too hot.

I used lots of zip ties too. I have a 35 watt reverse HID system hooked up too, very useful on dark nights or when doing a “Rockford” at night. (joking)

Who cares if it’s illegal, you can’t get in much trouble and they are very useful in most headlights. The people who flash their headlights at you are just jealous 😉
                    If you need the stock headlight system to pass inspection, I don’t think it would be that big of a deal to swap in your halogen bulbs while keeping the existing HID system put together to pass inspection.

55w ballasts are a bit harder on the bulbs, so they don’t last quite as long. If you drive a lot and leave the headlights on during the day too, you might find that a bulb goes out every year or two. I have used the warranty many times and DDM has always been great to me.

One of the main reasons why I went to HID is because I had crappy halogens before that never burnt out but had horrible output. Then I went to Philips NightGuides which were a lot better, but they go out every 9 months and they were $45 a pair with practically a nonexistant warranty!
                    So, I said screw it and went to HIDs since high end halogens are expensive and have a short lifespan. The HID kit wasn’t much more than a new pair of high end Halogens and it was a one time purchase.[/quote]

I found out after I shot the video that Motorfiend had also reached out to Scotty Kilmer to do a video. Since I had already shot and edited the video I posted it anyway.

The kit is NOT illegal in Ohio.

What you call an ‘exhaust manifold’ is actually the intake manifold. I think I’ll be OK.

Thanks for the tips about your kit, I’ll have to check that out.

Thanks for your input.

redred
                    Participant

hello, my first post 🙂

@eric
                      nice videos as always!

i was thinking about the whole hid stuff and i belive people are overreacting, well im not a technican, but only a tech lover but i will allow myself to add few words anyway

regular bulbs still needs in-car weight adjustment, lots of people forget and blind others even without knowning,
                      read your manual, in most cases even with single person in the back adjustment needs to be made

my point is, that it dosnt really matter if you have regular bulbs or hid, without proper adjustment you will blind ppl at some point anyway – same cause, imho the only difference is that hids are stronger and blind more..

afair in my country im allowed to modify my headlights but to do so legally for low-beam i do need hid, headlights wascher and auto leveling assembly (connected to rear axe), hi-beam dosnt matter

regards.

masstermasster
                      Participant

[quote=”EricTheCarGuy” post=58682]Also, the kit that I installed is NOT illegal in Ohio, look it up.

You may not like the video for your own personal reasons but don’t start making things up to make your point, you loose credibility that way.[/quote]

The regulation link is for high beam. Yeah, you’ve got yourself now a headlight with 2 positions: the ‘I don’t give a f**k’ high beam, and the projector beam. Why don’t you go to an auto shop where they check your headlights with special optical/electronic equipment? You adjusted this car and Subaru’s headlights aiming in the same amateurish way: by the ear (eye). Go to them and be prepared to come back with original halogen lamps, well adjusted for the 1st time.

As for ‘personal’ reasons… I see that fame fever got you. Your fans will run away from you, we got briansmobile1 and robinsonsauto and scannerdanner and many other professional YouTube mechanics that are not afraid to admit when they’re wrong. Choosing a wrong equipment, without any knowledge of optics and electronics, and in total disregard for blinding oncoming drivers… that’s nasty. I don’t care how well you routed your cables, it’s a botch job for fitting the wrong equipment.

Wake up, Eric! All those thumbs down voters had personal reasons too? I guess not. My last free advice is to stay away from electronics, your trembling hands are good only for big spanners. Do you have an anxiety/depression problem, Eric?

Steve WebbSteve Webb
                        Participant

Masster, from your first post onwards on this subject you have made personal comments that are completely inappropriate.

I think if you watch Eric’s videos you will note that he’s the first one to hold his hands up if he gets something wrong. That’s why people watch his show; an honest guy doing a great job.

Eric strikes me as a person who will listen and adapt his videos in response to Subscribers’ tips/thoughts. I’m fairly confident your inappropriate personal jibes will see you banned from the site. And if Eric chooses not to ban you he’s got a lot more patience than most of us!

Keep up the great work, Eric 🙂

Keymaster

[quote=”masster” post=58697][quote=”EricTheCarGuy” post=58682]Also, the kit that I installed is NOT illegal in Ohio, look it up.

You may not like the video for your own personal reasons but don’t start making things up to make your point, you loose credibility that way.[/quote]

The regulation link is for high beam. Yeah, you’ve got yourself now a headlight with 2 positions: the ‘I don’t give a f**k’ high beam, and the projector beam. Why don’t you go to an auto shop where they check your headlights with special optical/electronic equipment? You adjusted this car and Subaru’s headlights aiming in the same amateurish way: by the ear (eye). Go to them and be prepared to come back with original halogen lamps, well adjusted for the 1st time.

As for ‘personal’ reasons… I see that fame fever got you. Your fans will run away from you, we got briansmobile1 and robinsonsauto and scannerdanner and many other professional YouTube mechanics that are not afraid to admit when they’re wrong. Choosing a wrong equipment, without any knowledge of optics and electronics, and in total disregard for blinding oncoming drivers… that’s nasty. I don’t care how well you routed your cables, it’s a botch job for fitting the wrong equipment.

Wake up, Eric! All those thumbs down voters had personal reasons too? I guess not. My last free advice is to stay away from electronics, your trembling hands are good only for big spanners. Do you have an anxiety/depression problem, Eric?[/quote]

I believe I admitted I was wrong about my wording concerning Kelvin and illumination, in this very forum in fact. Come to think of it, I think you quoted it. Or is that inconvenient for you since it tears a hole in your argument about me not being able to admit that I’m wrong? BTW, I LOVE all the channels you mentioned, great recommendations.

You are correct, those regulations are for not only high beams but also the regulations for vehicle illumination according to the laws of Ohio. You will not find anything in the law that says the kit that I installed was illegal or that you need to install an HID kit in a projector housing. If you could, I’m sure you would have posted it by now. BTW I also called the Ohio state troopers office and asked them directly about the kit I installed, they said it was OK.

http://statepatrol.ohio.gov/counties.stm#Hamilton

I think it’s funny how you continue to make this a personal attack on me rather than sticking to the topic at hand. I think it says a lot about your character and about what your problem really is, me. I understand you have strong feelings about this video and you’re entitled to that, it’s a free internet. I’m just asking that if you’re going to attack a video that I’ve made that you at least get your facts straight and stick to the topic at hand instead of resorting to name calling. What is this, the third grade?

If you have some FACTS about why that video is bad or inappropriate I’m willing to hear them out, otherwise, there’s the door.

Participant

masster you are the Usene(forum) equivalent of the School bully. you think you don’t have to be that

big, hard, or clever to throw your weight around, but you enjoy watching the over reactions

of the other posters. you have a clinical illnes called Flamer Personality Disorder

you cant sleep at night knowing you didnt hack up or ruin somones credibility

then you start again feeding off others responses, do you get your rock off by doing

this?

all of your messages are poorly laid out and on purpose, with bad grammar, spelling, and, more

often than not, written entirely in 8th gradeschool manner (maybe less)

you think you are entertaining, but i will vouch that you are not.

masstermasster
                              Participant

[quote=”jeremyfountain” post=58667]freedom of speech will also cause severe bodily harm….how bigga boy are ya?[/quote]
                                Is this your mature way of kissing Eric’s ass?
                                I’m big, I’m black and I can kick your british ass effortlessly.
                                FYI, I speak/write English 100x better than you’ll ever speak/write my native language.

@ Eric
                                Ok, I got it, you don’t like critics, opposed to above mentioned YouTube channel mechanics which all valued my input. But they’re professional people.

What will you show us next? Fitting a fake, plastic GPS antenna on the roof of a Honda or ‘angel eyes’ on the Subaru headlights and pretend it is a BMW? I told you, your web business is going down the drain.

Participant

banana:

Keymaster

[quote=”masster” post=58721][quote=”jeremyfountain” post=58667]freedom of speech will also cause severe bodily harm….how bigga boy are ya?[/quote]
                                    Is this your mature way of kissing Eric’s ass?
                                    I’m big, I’m black and I can kick your british ass effortlessly.
                                    FYI, I speak/write English 100x better than you’ll ever speak/write my native language.

@ Eric
                                    Ok, I got it, you don’t like critics, opposed to above mentioned YouTube channel mechanics which all valued my input. But they’re professional people.

What will you show us next? Fitting a fake, plastic GPS antenna on the roof of a Honda or ‘angel eyes’ on the Subaru headlights and pretend it is a BMW? I told you, your web business is going down the drain.[/quote]

OK first, stay away from personal attacks to other members of the forum, that will get you banned. This goes for you too Jeremy.

Once again you’ve descended into personal attacks instead of staying on topic. I would argue that since I haven’t banned you for the comments you’ve made up to this point that I AM able to accept criticism. It is after all just a click of a button for me. I don’t mind critics, constructive criticism is something I welcome, hence the ‘Suggestion Box’ on this very forum. The fact is I’ve been able to answer to every accusation you’ve made about the HID video and you have nothing to respond with other than name calling and bulling. I think I’ve spent enough time catering to your little unsubstantiated rant and I’m ready to move on. BTW, business is just fine and getting better every day. Don’t know if you looked at the views of the video in question but it’s doing pretty good, so your claims of people leaving in droves are also unsubstantiated. You’re more than welcome to unsubscribe and erase me from you life, that is your right after all.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 105 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…
                                  https://mothersrestaurant.net/ https://www.davisvanguard.org/ https://el-supermercado.com/ https://www.semiaccurate.com/ https://blackthornk9.com/ https://www.hb-hautsdefrance.com/ https://www.lowerkeyschamber.com/ https://www.hb-hautsdefrance.com/ https://www.structuralguide.com/ https://batelskitchen.com/ https://mothersrestaurant.net/ http://www.dolomite-microfluidics.com/ https://mbkm.unimen.ac.id/-/greate/ https://mbkm.unimen.ac.id/-/logdata/ https://adv.nishinippon.co.jp/
                                  slot gacor monperatoto slot gacor slot gacor gampang menang monperatoto monperatoto monperatoto monperatoto monperatoto monperatoto monperatoto situs togel
                                  slot gacor hari ini
                                  monperatoto
                                  monperatoto
                                  toto togel
                                  toto slot
                                  pengeluaran macau
                                  situs togel
                                  monperatoto
                                  bandar togel
                                  monperatoto
                                  bandar togel
                                  monperatoto