Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • AIRCAT/NITROCAT IMPACT Wrench Reviews.

AIRCAT/NITROCAT IMPACT Wrench Reviews.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Tool Talk AIRCAT/NITROCAT IMPACT Wrench Reviews.

• Creator
    Topic
    Robert McMahangaseousmercury
    Participant

I’m looking to buy a Nitrocat or Aircat 1/2″ impact. I’m particularly interested in the Nitrocat 1375-XL which is the mini 1/2 with up to 800 ft*lbs of torque. I was hoping someone out there may use one of these regularly and could share some input. Thanks

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      rglewis65rglewis65
      Participant

I have had the Air Cat 1200 K for about a year and love it, it’s powerful and doesn’t make much noise.

MikeMike
        Participant

I purchased the 1375-XL a few months ago and really like it. The 800 ft-lb rating may be a bit exaggerated however I have been using it for brakes, suspension, lug nuts and even axle nuts. The small size and weight are great.

FranciscoFrancisco
          Participant

I have the Aircat 1150 and love it! I runs circle around my buddy’s Timax. The aircat is super quiet and has taken bolts loose that the timax couldnt budge. Read the specs on those guns some like the nirtocat 1200k are not recommended for light duty work, its more for heavy industrial application. Aircats web site has all the specs so you can chose what you need for what your doing.

Kevin CriswellKevin Criswell
            Participant

Never used Aircat before, all my air tools are IR.

I noticed on the garage journal forums the Aircats are stronger, but don’t last as long as an IR gun. I noticed the Aircat 1/2 is heavier and bulkier than a IR 1/2.

I like the looks of the Aircat, but my Thundergun is 13 years old and my Titanium is 11 years old, both work like they did when I got them out of the box, no breaks no issues. Just oil ’em and make sure no water in the line.

Not knocking the Aircat, but I have been doing this for over 20 years and my IR line has NEVER failed to work, would take a lot to make me switch over.

Kevin CriswellKevin Criswell
              Participant

Well tax time is coming and I need a 3/8 impact. Thinking off getting both the HF earthquake and an aircat to see what is what with them.

zerozero
                Participant

I use a 1200K everyday. I love it. Once it wasn’t enough power, which resulted in me, a breaker bar and a 4 ft cheater bar.

I ordered a 1355XL from Snap-on a few weeks ago, haven’t seen it yet though. Yes they sell the 1200k and the 1355XL in their supplemental Equipment catalogue, Even though Mac rebrands them for their own purposes.

Dave OlsonDave
                  Participant

We have an Aircat 1″ drive at work and it is nice (uses air faster than the compressors can supply it).

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…