Menu

Need wiring diagrams for Mack Semi

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Need wiring diagrams for Mack Semi

• Creator
    Topic
    davedave
    Participant

Being new to the world of diesel trucks I am not familiar with how to obtain service information for these vehicles.

You will now see that my lack of formal diesel training is catching up with me because I am not sure how to decode this VIN number to obtain useful information. I am hoping to see similarities between trucks and autos:

VIN: 1M1ANO9Y2AMOO6746

Q: Is there a website or database that offers wiring diagrams for the aforementioned mack truck?

I am trying to troubleshoot a headlight circuit that indicates locked in high-beam at all times, yet the headlamps do not illuminate. To make thing even more interesting, it appears that mack uses the same color of wiring for everything:

turn signal/dimmer switch harness

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man
        davedave
        Participant

This seems to be the best option from the links provided:

I looked at gobookee.net before posting here on ETCG. Although they have some free schematics they didn’t have the specific diagrams I needed; it seemed to be more of a general power/ground distribution (not circuit specific.)

Attachments:
          EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

It’s very difficult to find ‘free’ information on wiring diagrams and such. The best information for wiring diagrams can be found in the factory manuals. I’d recommend you try and track one of those down. They may be expensive but the time and money they will save you will pay for themselves I’m sure.

davedave
            Participant

Just thought I’d give an update….

Truck just came in for the 5th time for intermittent headlight operation. (But this is only the 2nd time I’ve got to work on this) The first time I just tested all the electrical components of the low & high beam circuits. This time I actually traced wire in search of damage. This is what I found:

It was good that the truck actually came in with non-working lights this time because as soon as I wiggled this connector all lights lit up. It appears that there are numerous spots of damage near the connector that probably occurred whenever the hood is opened & closed. I believe that the hood when closed would pinch down on these wires and short them out. I taped up a lot of the damage and zip tied the connector to a more user friendly location.

college mancollege man

Good find. Thanks for the update.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…