Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Marvel Mystery Oil

Marvel Mystery Oil 1 year 8 months ago #38565

• chevyaz
  • 3rd Gear
  • Thank you received: 4
What do you guys think of this product? I just put it in my tank when I fill up. Seems to work ok for me. I dont put it in the crankcase.Just the fuel tank.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Advertisement

Re: Marvel Mystery Oil 1 year 8 months ago #38584

• mckrishes
  • 4th Gear
  • Thank you received: 21
It's hard to tell. All of reviews on bob the oil guy forums claims it makes a difference. I've never tried it personally, but am thinking about it. I've used techron and seafoam and have never noticed a difference. It may have helped, but maybe I just didn't notice.

Re: Marvel Mystery Oil 1 year 7 months ago #39479

• stingray66
  • 3rd Gear
  • Thank you received: 6
Thats one of the best product That I have ever used. Had an old drag racer( Bill jenkins ) turn me on to that stuff used to talk to him all the time back in the 60s down at atco drag way Told me it was the best stuff to help break in an engine
it good to use in oil ,gas,, Good to use as air tool oil hell I think its the same thing IT is really good for and engine that has been sitting a long time MY sons grand cherokee had a lifter that would tap first thing in the morning I add a little marvel mystery oil to his oil and that took care of it
I have two snow blowers witch is 2 cycle and they would never start to great TILLI put Marvel mystery oil in the fuel tank NOW they start on the first pull
Marvel mystery oil is nothing new ITS been around since the 40s
I highly recommend it
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by stingray66.

Re: Marvel Mystery Oil 1 year 7 months ago #39484

Defiantly good stuff, I use it in all my toys. I also use the Marvel Lubrication Oil that comes in a small bottle for little projects.

Re: Marvel Mystery Oil 1 year 7 months ago #39525

• dirtywaters1978
  • 2nd Gear
  • Thank you received: 5
Great for the fuel in small amounts.For the oil it has very high detergent levels.Good for cleaning tools and other stuff too.Good to loosen up stuck piston rings on very old engines.
Advertisement

Re: Marvel Mystery Oil 1 year 7 months ago #39538

• chevyaz
  • 3rd Gear
Ive read all the great things about it and been putting it in my gas tank and it seem to be helping. As far as anything else I keep the oil just oil. Personal preference really. I think it great.

Re: Marvel Mystery Oil 1 year 7 months ago #39830

• dollman0
  • 3rd Gear
  • Thank you received: 10
I read the MSDS sheet and MMO is naphtha oil, the main ingredient in engine flush and penetrating oils. I use marvel oil and lucas fuel treatment to keep the injectors clean and take care of the lubrication issues associated with ethanol fuels.

I use MMO in the oil, start with a small amount just before an oil change (500 miles) because it is a strong solvent and will dissolve a lot of crud. I typically use 1 pint per gallon of oil and it seems to make the engine smooth out after a tank of gas. It also polishes the metal cutting back on friction and getting better gas mileage (around 5-10%).

Right now, I have 8 oz in my differential to clean up some burnt oil deposits. This is good stuff and you can also flood the top end of the engine with it like seafoam and let it sit overnight to free up gummed up valves.

B) The label says its harmless and I would agree

Re: Marvel Mystery Oil 1 year 7 months ago #40807

• chevyaz
  • 3rd Gear
How do you use MMO to "FLOOD" the top of a engine? Never seen that before. Ive seen the Seafoam way but never heard you could do it with MMO.

Re: Marvel Mystery Oil 1 year 7 months ago #40835

• dollman0
  • 3rd Gear
  • Thank you received: 10
The active ingredient in Seafoam and MMO are very similar. Just pour it down the throttle body until the engine nearly stalls and turn it off just as you run out of about a pint. Let the engine set several hours or overnight if possible, start it up with a high idle to blow the crud out.

An old timey machinist told me to slowly pour a cup of kerosene down the carb and let it idle, that frees up sticking valves. It works, but dont be in a hurry for a quick fix.

Re: Marvel Mystery Oil 1 year 7 months ago #40841

• chevyaz
  • 3rd Gear
I just changed my oil and put about a pint in with the oil change maybe it will clean some old carbon out. First time I used it in the oil will I notice A change? Just asking thanks for the reply.
Advertisement
728x90
Time to create page: 0.435 seconds